One thing that can be said for sure, though, is this:
Twitter is the perfect vehicle for quick, to-the-point exchanges of digestible bits of valid and vital information and the transmittal of links to larger sites -- either between individuals, or to a much larger audience.
This statement is showing signs of validation among Poets, Writers, Artists, Musicians, Photographers and others in what is becoming a vital global Arts Community. eNOTHING began using Twitter as an experiment in 2009. By promoting Poetry (primarily), Art of all types and genres, and Music we have found ourselves with an audience of over 10,000 devoted followers who in turn follow each other - and all of us tweet and retweet our work, the work of our peers and the work of those who have influenced us in the past.
Together we have found Tweeting to be an inspiring way of communicating with our peers, fans and others. eNOTHING has recently taken a close look at our Twitter followers and made the following observations:
- They are artists just as we are.
- They are vital to the revival of the arts in that they are the struggling artists of today.
- Their relevant tweets about arts get re-tweeted to others by their own followers.
- Irrelevant tweets don't spread through this community -- only relevant ones. I don't know why...
- In addition to artists, there are fan followers, and industry (publishers for example) followers. This means opportunity.
- There is remarkable commonality GLOBALLY between followers (look at eNOTHING followers -- each one has at least 10-100-1000 or MORE common followers with the next one)
So Tweeters and wannabe Tweeters, join us to grow the community, revive the arts, and SPREAD THE WORD!