About eNothing

My photo
eNOTHING has a mission: To bring poetry, arts and music to the streets via a growing artistic Twitter community.

POEM OF THE DAY -- "Boy..." By J.D. Salinger


Boy...

By J.D. Salinger

Boy,

When you're dead, they really fix you up.
I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough
to just dump me in the river or something.
Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery.
People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday,
and all that crap.

Who wants flowers when you're dead?

Nobody.
-
-
-

2 comments:

  1. This is our tribute to a great writer. Rest in peace, J.D. Salinger. Technically, this is not a poem, but this snippet, this excerpt, IS poetry. Ah well, everything is arguable, I guess...

    This is all the space I could give him; he deserves it.

    ReplyDelete