About eNothing

My photo
eNOTHING has a mission: To bring poetry, arts and music to the streets via a growing artistic Twitter community.

POEM OF THE WEEK -- "Brave" by Evan Smith

It's not often that we get a chance to post a poem by one of our followers.  This is a delightful poem by Evan Smith, 12.  Evan is a fifth-grader at Highland School in Cheshire, CT, and clearly a future in writing is a possibility for him.  

For now, though, Evan is content with playing Little League baseball, toads, basketball, and bugs and other stuff.

Here we have a young man expressing himself very well; a boy on the cusp of beginning the process of becoming a man - yet sensitive enough to understand exactly where he really is, and making light of it.  

Great job, Evan.

Brave

By Evan Smith

I'm not afraid of anything.
I'm not scared of the dark.
I'm not afraid of mummies,
Or even a big shark.

I'm not afraid of anything.
I'm not afraid of snakes.
I'm not afraid of werewolves,
Or evil guys with rakes.

I'm not afraid of anything.
I'm not afraid of bears.
I'm not afraid of monsters,
Or evil demon lairs.

I'm not afraid of anything.
That's something I just shared.
Wait, is that a spider?
Help me please, I'm scared!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment