About eNothing

My photo
eNOTHING has a mission: To bring poetry, arts and music to the streets via a growing artistic Twitter community.

POEM OF THE DAY -- "my girl's tall with hard long eyes... (XIX)" - by e. e. cummings


my girl's tall with hard long eyes...(XIX)

by e.e. cummings

Today we begin a series on some of e.e. cummings more erotic poems,
of which he has plenty. Cummings himself would talk about
his quiet musings about sex and his love of women. In that
regard, I could imagine Cummings as a sort of poetic rock star
- able to capture and erotically captivate willing women with a
provacative word here and there...very cool in my mind.

Anyway, like many of you, I find his work provocative.

entertaining.


my girl's tall with hard long eyes...(XIX)

by e.e. cummings

my girl's tall with hard long eyes
as she stands, with her long hard hands keeping
silence on her dress, good for sleeping
is her long hard body filled with surprise like a white shocking wire, when she smiles
a hard long smile it sometimes makes gaily go clean through me tickling aches,
and the weak noise of her eyes easily files
my impatience to an edge--my girl's tall
and taut, with thin legs just like a vine
that's spent all of its life on a garden-wall,
and is going to die. When we grimly go to bed
with these legs she begins to heave and twine
about me, and to kiss my face and head.

1 comment: