About eNothing

My photo
eNOTHING has a mission: To bring poetry, arts and music to the streets via a growing artistic Twitter community.

Tweet Scroll for #OnTheRoad

Here is our own "Tweet Scroll" of chronological updates of #OnTheRoad quotes.  Hopefully, this "Tweet Scroll" will capture some of the spirit of the original "On The Road" scroll, in mad little bits of happy insanity.  Because the phrase has been made so popular for many reasons over the years (including the Willie Nelson tune), the #OnTheRoad hashtag can be quite crowded and even these tweets seem to convey some of the fluidity of the writing -- so here they are, uninterupted. 

Let's grow the following for this project - please, share with the links below...

Oh man. I'm diggin the road.



  • "...and Carolyn a new girl who waited for him in a hotel room..." Kerouac #OnTheRoad
  • "Neil was making love to 2 girls at the same time..Louanne, his first wife waiting for him in a hotel room.." Kerouac #OnTheRoad
  • "Now Neil was back in Denver with his demon poet...they were the underground monsters of that season..." Kerouac #OnTheRoad
  • "And here I am in Colorado" I kept thinking gleefully. "Damn ! Damn! Damn! I'm making it!" Kerouac #OnTheRoad
  • "Mississippi Gene was gone; bound for Og-den and the God knows what. I was with Montana Slim and we started hitting the bars." #OnTheRoad
  • "Gene that's the prettiest song" - "It's the sweetest I know," he said.."I hope you get where ur going, and be happy when u do." #OnTheRoad

  • "And Mississippi Gene began to sing a song. He sang it in a melodious quiet voice, a river accent, and it was simple." Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "tingling with kicks at the thought of what lay ahead of me in Denver--whatever, whatever it would be and good enough for me" #OnTheRoad
  • "Somebody passed a bottle of rotgut, the bottom of it-I took a big swig in the wild lyrical air of Nebraska-"Whooee, here we go!" #OnTheRoad
  • "Maw, rustle me up some grup afore I have to start eatin myself raw or some damn silly idee like that" Kerouac
  •  "I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between the East of my youth and the West of my future," Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "I woke up..and that was the one distinct time in my life, the strangest moment of all, that I didn't know who I was..." Kerouac #OnTheRoad
  • "spent a wonderful long day sleeping on a big clean hard white bed with dirty remarks carved inthe wall beside my pillow" Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "Now I could see Denver looming ahead of me like the Promised Land, way out there beneath the stars" Kerouac #OnTheRoad 
  • "the new truck driver was as crazy as the other one and yelled just as much and all I had to do was lean back and relax my soul" #OnTheRoad
  •  "and he balled that thing clear to Rapid City and yelled me the funniest stories about how he got around the law..." Kerouac #OnTheRoad
  • "the big trucks roared, wham, and inside two minutes one of them cranked to a stop for me-I ran for it with my soul whoopeeing." #OnTheRoad
  • "my beloved Mississippi River..with its big rank smell that smells like the raw body of America itself because it washes it up" #OnTheRoad
  • "after an apple pie and ice cream..a woman stopped for me in a little coupe. I had a twinge of hardon joy as I ran after the car" #OnTheRoad
  • "I thought of my friends from one end to the other,in the same vast backyard doing something so frantic and rushing-about beneath"#OnTheRoad

  • "the fellows at the Loop blew...with a tired air...as I sat there listening to the sound of the night" Kerouac #OnTheRoad 

  • "I dug Chicago after a good days sleep, the wind..the beans, bop at the Loop, and one long walk after midnight into the jungles" #OnTheRoad

  • "High up over my head the great hairy Bear Mtn sent down thunderclaps that put the fear of God in me." Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "drop a rose in the Hudson at its mysterious mouth think of all the places it journeys by as it goes out to sea forever" Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "I...took off for the Pacific Ocean like a veritable Ishmael with fifty dollars in my pocket" Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "...and the things that were to come were too fantastic not to tell." Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "when Spring really bloomed and opened up the land...my whole road experience began" Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "while I was working on my book or my painting or whatever you want to call it, there was a knock on the door and there was Neil"#OnTheRoad

  • "the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing..but burn, burn, burn like roman candles across the night." Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • "the only people that interest me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,..." Kerouac #OnTheRoad

  • Neil Cassady arrives in NYC and Hectors cafeteria.The real Hectors and text: http://dld.bz/8zjh

No comments:

Post a Comment